Virtual programming is here to stay. Asynchronous (on-demand) and synchronous (live) programs break regional barriers and allow library users to participate from anywhere around the world.
The benefits of virtual programming are:
- Live programs provide human interaction without human contact;
- Live programs in webinar format can be recorded and made available for on-demand viewing;
- Live programs that utilize Zoom can also live stream via Facebook or Youtube;
- On-demand programs can be made accessible via library websites for library users to view anytime;
- On-demand programs can be prerecorded individually or in batches without the pressure of a live audience; and
- Supply kits for either type of program can be picked up from the library at the library users leisure.